Re: Tool for a loved one

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tool for a loved one
From: "John L. Viviani II" <geeno@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 08:52:58 -0600

> > Dave Williams wrote:
> > >
> > Which brings me to a question; What DID happen to Craftsman tools? Some
> > of mine are 30 years old and are as comfortable to use as my Snap Ons.
> > The "new' Craftsman tools look, feel and act like cheap imports. Are
> > they trying to appeal to a different market these days? I seem to
> > remember they were sued about 10 years ago by a tool designer and he
> > nailed 'em for a bunch..............

I think what has happen is Craftsman has set up lines for certain price
points. The base stuff is okay for once in a while stuff. But their Pro-Line
is similar to Snap-On (well maybe MAC), but you pay for it. This is
definitely reflected in their tool boxes.

Gino

ps I have seen 12 pt on my Honda flywheel, MGB rods, Harley bikes, many
different caliper bolts. They seen to be getting popular in order to keep
unknowings out of things