Re: 6 Vs 12 points

To: "Art Pfenninger" <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Subject: Re: 6 Vs 12 points
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 11:26:07 -0600
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>

>You are saying what I said

No I am not.  I agree with your post generally, but not with one particular
sentence.

What I was saying is that the statement "a 12 point will ruin the nut before
it breaks" is demonstrably untrue on the basis of observation and logic.  "A
12 point MAY ruin the nut before it breaks" is a true statement.

>don't reach for a 12 point use a 6 point!

This is advice with which I agree.  I seldom use a 12-point when a 6-point
is available.

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban
LOON, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/