Re: Tool for a loved one

To: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@idt.net>
Subject: Re: Tool for a loved one
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 23:28:06 -0500
Ed Van Scoy wrote:

> Dave Williams wrote:
> >
> Which brings me to a question; What DID happen to Craftsman tools? Some
> of mine are 30 years old and are as comfortable to use as my Snap Ons.
> The "new' Craftsman tools look, feel and act like cheap imports. Are
> they trying to appeal to a different market these days? I seem to
> remember they were sued about 10 years ago by a tool designer and he
> nailed 'em for a bunch..............

This is from my memory and I was a child of the 70's.  I think it was more
like 15 or 20 years ago and the suit was for the feature on the ratchet
wrenches where you pushed the button on the back of the ratchet head and it
unloaded the springs under the little balls that held the socket on the
wrench.  This allowed the socket to slide on and off real easily.  This
is from memory and not the gospel, and if I am wrong someone will correct
me.

Later,

Bill Gilroy