Re: Bolting Compressor to the floor

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bolting Compressor to the floor
From: "Tw Cook" <tw@texas.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 17:30:22 -0600
I think these are called "Red Head" - they're similar to those drywall
expandable bolts. I just used some of these which I got at Home Depot to
anchor my deck to the house (original constructor hadn't exactly succeeded
in this). They seem to have worked well; the ones I got were about 4" long x
1/2". I drilled a 1/2" hole through the 2x6 against the house, then switched
to a 1/2" masonry bit to drill into the concrete. You insert them, then
tighten with a socket. They seem to be very sturdy (I used plenty anyway). I
would imagine that they'd work just fine as described below.  - Tw