RE: Bolting Compressor to the floor

To: <nogera@juno.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Bolting Compressor to the floor
From: "Gerald Brazil" <gerrybraz@voyager.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 07:15:31 -0500
Bob I have an alternative suggestion to offer, it is a little more work, but
reduces vibration and makes it easier to drain the tank into a small pail
rather than letting it spray all over the floor.

I entails building three pyramids out of 2x10, 2x8, 2x6 and 2x4 and then
bonding a piece of stiff foam rubber from a garden kneeling pad to the 2x10.
This raises the compressor up high enough to get a small bucket under it
when draining it and it also cuts down vibration and noise. I guess if you
lived in an earthquake prone area, and were concerned with tip over, then
you might want to add a safety chain to the wall.

GJB