Temporary Shop floors

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Temporary Shop floors
From: Matt Wehland <mwehland@webtripper.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 04:21:58 -0600
Here's a somewhat different question about shop (well carport for me)
floors. I am renting a house with an attached carport with a dirt/gravel
floor.  It sucks (I still need to finish my brake job and while at my
friends house the other day I noticed that she had solid concrete floor in
her garage, man did I get excited, new workshop woo, woo).

Since it's not my house, I'm not about to put much money in it, but I need
something better.  I've been contemplating a wood floor, I saw some RR
timbers advertised a while back for $1 ea.  My question is if I use
something like that how do I secure it together (after leveling out the
floor and laying a good layer of small gravel/sand, like I would for a
paver type walkway)?

If I can get it together, and somewhat level and stable (big?), then I
figure that I can just plan/sand the thing level and possibly seal/paint it.

Any suggestions or alternatives?

Also thanks to all those that replied to my fire extinguisher thread (long
ago).  I still haven't gotten off my duff to get any, but I will
soon.  Heck while cleaning the house, I found a CO monitor and smoke
detector still in the box, time to get to work.

Thanks

Matt Wehland