Re: Temporary Shop floors

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Temporary Shop floors
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 15:47:13 -0600
From: Gambony, Jim
Subject: Soil Cement Shop floors

>Tony,
>
>I have a friend from the Triumph club who was advocating exactly that
>approach for my barn floor.  Apparently it's an old trick from where he's
>from (Tulsa OK area).

Yep, it's a viable method . . . Uncle Sam built miles and miles of runway
exactly like that in Nam.  There was an article in one of the Popular
Science-type magazines about 15 years ago . . .the article gave formulas on
how much Portland cement per yard depending on soil type:  more for clay
soils, less for sand.    I know a guy who did a BIG airplane hanger  on his
ranch with this method.  The hanger had a dusty surface problem which I
think was solved by mopping on boiled linseed oil . . . I guess something
like Thompson Water Seal might do it better.

I bet a good web search would turn up more than you want to know.

Tony