Re: Temporary Shop floors

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Temporary Shop floors
From: Scott Whitehead <swhiteh3@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 17:13:37 -0500
On the subject of garage floors:  I just bought a home (my
first), and I am incredibly excited about having a garage to
work in.  So I have two questions:

First of all, the floor of the garage is cement, but has
several good size cracks in it.  These are far too deep to
roll a creeper over.  Ideally, I would love a smooth epoxied
finish.  What should I do?  Can I just go over the current
cement with some patching cement, then epoxy it?  Do I need
to redo the floor completely?  How much would these options
cost?  And which epoxy should I use?  I need some
suggestions!!  I know the results I want, but do not know
the route I should take.  The results should last 5-8 years,
but I won't be in the house forever.  Thanks.

Second, I'm looking for some good workshop-planning
resources.  I'm trying to make a small two car garage into a
capable place to work on one car.  (daily-drivers will be in
the driveway.....)  Again, any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Oh, by the way, anyone selling a used 110 volt compressor in
the SE Michigan/Ohio area?  A complete compressor with tools
would also be considered, as would a table top drill press,
a small grinder, a good bench vise, a big Craftsman "bottom"
box, or other shop/fabrication tools.  Anyone know of any
good local places to buy used tools?  My Craftsman box of
tools just won't cut it anymore....

Scott Whitehead
1988 Black Race-Prepped Mustang GT  "For Play"
1998 Black F-150 Flareside STX  "For Work"