Heating a Garage

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Heating a Garage
From: David Ligda <dligda@home.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 07:41:18 -0500
Hi All,

Anyone have any advice on heating an attached two car garage?  I have used
a small electric heater (the Lakewood milk barn model) and it doesn't even
come close to providing enough heat.  Next I bought one of those forced air
propane heaters which warmed the place up nicely but produced so many fumes
that my eyes watered and you could hardly breathe in the place even with
the windows open.

I don't want to heat it all the time, just when I'm working.  Do those
'trash can' propane heaters produce as many fumes as the forced air models?
 They have to be quieter at least.

David