Re: Ingersoll-Rand impact wrenches

To: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@khoral.com>
Subject: Re: Ingersoll-Rand impact wrenches
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 07:15:16 -0500 (EST)
The HF impact sockets are very good (IMHO)If you break one, and I did
recently but that is another story, all you do is call them and they send
you one out for free.If they can't find proof that you purchased it they
will ask you to return the broken one. Keep your invoice but if you don't
they should have a record of it on the computer, at least they did for me.
Impact sockets are made of a different metal so that they don't shatter.
They are actually easier to break I think. HF has great prices on these so
I would give them a try. As far as the impact wrench, my neighbor has one
and it works just fine, but for how long who knows. When I decided to
replace my old IR I thought about the cheepie but decided against it. Of
all the air tools you get the imapct gun should be the best. As stated
before I got the Chicago pneumatic because it was a brand name and HF had
it on sale. It has failed me twice but has saved my butt many times. Last
night I was able to take the dog nut off the front of the B engine with
little effort. Without an impact wrench I would still be trying to get it
off. Bottom line get the best impact you can afford you won't regret it.
...Art