RE: Ingersoll-Rand impact wrenches

To: "'Shop Talk'" <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Ingersoll-Rand impact wrenches
From: tw@mcc.com
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 17:42:28 -0600
Chris, I mostly agree - power is nice, especially if you are in a hurry, but
compactness is nice too. I have a Campbell-Hausfeld 3/8 ratchet (their old
"Pro" series before they started calling it "extreme duty"), and also their
1/4 ratchet. The 3/8 is reasonably powerful and will break loose a
surprising amount of stuff, but I find myself using the 1/4 more and more
just because it is so small and light and can get into tight places. I do
have to break things loose by hand sometimes, but so what. - Tw