Re: Ingersoll-Rand impact wrenches

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Ingersoll-Rand impact wrenches
From: Chris Heerschap <Heerschap@eng.kns.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 13:58:45 -0500
tw@mcc.com wrote:

> Chris, I mostly agree - power is nice, especially if you are in a hurry, but
> compactness is nice too. I have a Campbell-Hausfeld 3/8 ratchet (their old
> "Pro" series before they started calling it "extreme duty"), and also their
> 1/4 ratchet. The 3/8 is reasonably powerful and will break loose a
> surprising amount of stuff, but I find myself using the 1/4 more and more
> just because it is so small and light and can get into tight places. I do
> have to break things loose by hand sometimes, but so what. - Tw

Well, that's great to hear, because I plan on getting a 1/4" drive
ratchet as well.  I think the following are necessary:

        1/2" drive high-power impact gun (already have my 2131)
        3/8" air ratchet (general work)
        1/4" air ratchet (smaller work, tighter spaces)
        3/8" impact (smaller spaces but higher power than ratchet)

Any comments?

cmh
--
Chris Heerschap - UNIX Systems Mutilator/Postmaster
     mailto:Heerschap@kns.com

UNIX is user friendly.  It's just selective about who its friends are!