RE: Which air wrench first

To: "'Joe Flake'" <flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Which air wrench first
From: "Tw Cook" <tw@mcc.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 17:42:39 -0500
Good question.  Note that the 3/8 butterfly style devices are usually impact
wrenches, and should properly be used with impact sockets, while the 3/8
ratchet can be used with your regular sockets.

My take would be to go for the 1/2 impact wrench; although you'll need (or
at least should use) impact sockets, it will allow you to do things you
possibly can't do right now, whereas the 3/8 ratchet is merely a labor
saver.

That being said, I find that I use my 1/4 stubby ratchet more often than
anything else, just because it is so convenient and it fits anywhere my hand
will fit. It sure won't pull off anything that's stuck though.

Good luck,
Tw