Which air wrench first

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Which air wrench first
From: Joe Flake <flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 16:38:44 EDT

Well, there's a birthday coming up, and I was thinking that
would be a good reason to request that a new tool be purchased.

I think I'm ready for my first air wrench, but which one?

Seems there's three which would be useful...

1) The classic 1/2 inch gun style, (which makes that wonderful
   sound at the tire store)
2) A 3/8 inch rachet style
3) A 3/8 butterfly style

If you could only have one, which would it be?  (and why)
My use is for general automotive repair.

My thinking is that the above order is probably the order
of preference, but then what do I know?????

My thoughts are towards the less expensive brands.  I've seen
the arguments here for quality units, but I'm still not sure
how much I'll use it.  If I find I'm using it a lot, then I
have no problems going back for a better unit, and selling off
the cheap one.

Thanks,

Joe
flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com