Re: Herodb Welding ?

To: "'shop-talk@autox.team.net'" <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Herodb Welding ?
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 12:39:52 -0500

From: George Zhookoff

>Here is a question regarding a welding torch.  Is there anyone on the >list
that could give any information?
> Also I have been investigating a gas torch called the Henrob welding
torch. Have you heard of it? It is supposed to weld but only needing 4 psi
of gas and oxygen, so with minimal distortion and less gas use. I'm thinking
of getting one as it would allow me to patch panels that I would otherwise
have to replace entirely.

I do not remember the name of the very expensive torch that I have see
demoed at auto swap meets, but the "pitch" sounds the same.
Actually, a small tip  (000 or 00) installed on your standard torch handle
will operate very well at 4# psi or even less and you can adjust for a very
small flame . . .  it STILL requires the same heat to achieve either fusion
welding or adhesion welding but the small flame heats less of the
surrounding area and maybe gives better control.  Try a small tip before
spending big buck for the special torch.
Tony
(after "welding" for 30 years, I finally gave up and took a Vo-tech course .
. . amazing improvement in my welding as I begin to know what I'm doing.)