Re: Herodb Welding ?

To: George Zhookoff <gzhookoff@e2m.com>
Subject: Re: Herodb Welding ?
From: rwil@cts.com (Roland Wilhelmy)
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 16:39:21 GMT
I had a Henrob for several years.  It worked about as well for me as
my Smiths with the appropriate pipes.  If you are a  true expert with
gas welding you can weld wonders with the Henrob (but of course if you
were that good you could weld wonders with a cutting torch too :-) )=20

=46or sheet metal work the recommended pressure for just about any make
torch is 1 to 4 psi gas and maybe a little more for oxygen.

I ended up selling my Henrob and buying a little torch from The Tin
Man for around $100.  It does well what I want it to do. I use a small
MIG for larger sheet metal repairs. YMMV

-Roland

Hamish wrote:
:
:Here is a question regarding a welding torch.  :
: Also I have been investigating a gas torch called the Henrob welding
:torch. Have you heard of it? It is supposed to weld but only needing=20
:4
:psi of gas and oxygen, so with minimal distortion and less gas use.=20
:I'm
:thinking of getting one as it would allow me to patch panels that I
:would otherwise have to replace entirely.
:
:Cheers,
:Hamish