Re: Shop Tools

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Shop Tools
From: "Nils O. Ny" <n.ny@intest.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 15:20:05 -0400
At 02:00 PM 4/21/98 -0500, Tom wrote:

>  I would suggest you look at Grizzly products,the prices are only
slightly higher,
>and they have a much better reputation for customer service.
> Although I've had good luck with HF(as long as I was careful what I ordered)
>they do not have a reputation for really good customer service.I think
they tend to be more of a "in
>the back,out the front"type of business that does not handle alot of
replacement type parts.
> You can find Grrizzly at:
>http://www.grizzlyimports.com/
>
>Same machines,much better rep.
>
>Regards
>Tom

Thanks for the suggestion ... someone else also suggested Grizzly and I am
familiar with them as they offer a lot of woodworking tools.   I agree that
hey offer the same general machines (they also come from China/Taiwan/Korea
etc.)

My dilemma is that although Grizzly may offer better customer support
(although I have not had a need to deal with them yet) they offer only one
(<$1000) milling machine and the specs/features/capacity etc of their
machine is inferior to the one from HB and costs more.
To get the same features I would have to pay 30-40% more from Grizzly for
the same quality machine and I'm inclined not to do that.

Sure wish there was a Consumers Report testing with comparisons of features
for these machines, sure would be helpful.

Regards, Nils