Re: Workbench Constr & shop ventilation

To: pethier <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: Re: Workbench Constr & shop ventilation
From: "Con P. Seitl" <seitl@ns.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 21:13:55 -0800
pethier wrote:

> How many of them have leaky cars parked on them?  I don't think the
> lawmakers expect gasoline spills to wind up on your rafters.

The point I was trying to make was that if you do have a gas spill and it
ignites, you are going to have a fire no matter what kind of floor you
have. If it's concrete and the gas is burning and your car is sitting
over it, you will have a fireball reaching into your wooden rafters and
anything else that burns. If it were wood, well, you'd have the same
thing. The floor would be the last thing to burn, sort of like a forest
fire, nothing but stumps left.
  I don't know if wood floors are legal here either, but I do know of a
chap close by with a garage 4 years old with wood floors. Aside from that
one, there was a service station local that had wood floors, a relic from
the Model T days. Its been torn down to give consumers what they want:
gas, coffee, pizza etc :-(

Con.....