Re: Workbench Constr & shop ventilation

To: Dave Williams <dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us>
Subject: Re: Workbench Constr & shop ventilation
From: pethier <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 16:31:59 -0500
Dave Williams wrote:

> He painted, rewired, and relit the new shop before even moving his stuff
> in.

You bet.  When I built the new garage in '87 (only 22 x 24, what was I
thinking!), I dug out the Wagner airless and a five-gallon pail.  I
painted the walls and the lower part of the roof bright white before I
moved in a thing.  Makes a LOT of difference.

I'm going to move to a house with a 20 x 22 garage.  I think I can blow
it up to 20 x 50.  The original part will get the full
insulation/barrier/sheetrock/paint treatment and become the shop.  The
remainder will be just a garage.  The garage becomes a big vestibule for
the shop door.

Question:  What kind of heat exchanger do you guys use to properly
ventilate your car-containing shop while not spending a fortune on
heat?  It gets cold here in Minnesota and I'd like to keep this shop at
50 degrees without going broke.  My Lotus has vented gas caps, and I'm
not looking for trouble from a too-tight shop.

Phil Ethier