shop lighting

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: shop lighting
From: jniolon@uss.com
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 14:15 -0400 (EDT)

     Dave,

     just following the thread on lighting in shops.  My shop is 25'x25'
     and till this year was bare stud walls and open ceiling to the roof

     I lit it with 2 - 2tube 4' fixtures over the benches and 3 - 2tube 8'
     fixtures over the open area and did o.k.  Sometimes needing a drop
     light under the hood of the truck.

     This year I insulated walls and ceiling and covered everything with
     1/4" plywood  painted white over light gray.  The white ceilings and
     walls have tripled the amount of light in the shop.  the only drawback
     is that you can see the accumulated dirt and dust much clearer now

     I seem to be using my broom more now

     john