Shop Lights

To: Blind.Copy.Receiver@compuserve.com
Subject: Shop Lights
From: Richard Beels <71333.2551@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 09:34:56 -0500

   What temperature are the bulbs operating at?  I have the el-cheapo lights,
8 of them in my garage.  When it's cold, they're dimmer and flicker a
little.  When the heater gets going and the (top of the) garage is warmed,
they get brighter.  Not as bright as the $30 lights with reflectors but I'd
say maybe 2/3s of the light for 1/3 the cost (that's why there are 8).  As
for bulbs, I use Sylvania fast-start 40 watters.  In the last year, I've
replaced 2 or 3 and one more is going south on me now but I keep forgetting
to bring another tube out to the garage....

   Also, I have a stack of reflectors that my father-in-law scarfed from a
commerical remodeling site when they changed the lighting.  Might be worth
checking out a scrap dealer or commerical remodelers...

Cheers!