Shop Lights

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Shop Lights
From: shk <shk@qnet.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 21:04:44 -0800
What are the appropriate tubes to use in the generic shop lights?
I'm talking about the fixtures that you see stacked at the end of the
aisle at Wal-Mart for $7.97.  I have tried using the 25 watt "for
residential and shop lights" tubes but I find they only last a few
months.  I also have tried the F40CW tubes with about the same results.
It is as though the cheap ballast they use in those lamps needs a
certain type of tube.  I seem to remember some discussion on this some
time ago, but don't remember the conclusions.

Shawn