Re: Shop vac

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Shop vac
From: Joe Flake <flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 09:25:33 -0500 (EDT)

> What's the difference between a shop vac and a regular home
> vacuum?  Seems a shop vac is more powerful so what's the
> motivation to buy a home vac?  Just because its got some nifty
> attachment to do rugs?

Others have commented about the noise, and bulkiness of the
shop vac.  The lack of the "nifty attachment to do rugs" would be
pretty serious in most homes.  In a pinch, or major spill,
the shop vac would be a great thing to bring into the living
area, but not for everyday cleaning.

> Maybe the question should be worded thusly:  If I bought my
> wife/SO a shop vac for indoor use, would she be pissed?

Ya know, it depends.  Consider the options for another type
of purchase.  Let's say she's asked you to buy a nice used
car for her to use for going to work, shopping, and evenings
out with the girls.  You come home with a 15 year old, 4wd
pickup which has lived a previous life as a Baja racer.  If
your wife/SO is the kind who would like this purchase, then
she'd probably like the shop vac.  Otherwise, get yourself
on down to the local applicance shop...

Joe
flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com