Re: Shop vac

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Shop vac
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 97 15:48:10 CDT
>What's the difference between a shop vac and a regular home
>vacuum?

You know how a vacuum cleaner is annoying with NOISE?
Well a shop vac is three times as bad.

>A friend told me that shop vacs aren't sealed as well as home
>vacs - so dust gets out.

Ya, also good for sucking up that 5 gallon bucket of latex
paint that just fell over in the back of your minivan (I kid
you not)

>Maybe the question should be worded thusly:  If I bought my
>wife/SO a shop vac for indoor use, would she be pissed?

Buy your spouse a dozen roses.

Buy yourself the shop vac... and keep it in the garage.

You'll both be happier.

Cheers,

Tom Walter

P.S. I do use my shop vac for cleaning up the metal chips
from the lathe/mill.  Works fine for that... nothing like
a scream of a spouse who stepped on a sliver of stainless
steel that got tracked onto the carpet.