Re: Re[2]: Paint

To: Steve Manwell <Steve_Manwell@WE-KNOW-ENERGY.XENERGY.COM>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Paint
From: "S. L. Hower" <howersl@ttown.apci.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 16:20:04 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 28 Jun 1996, Steve Manwell wrote:

>     Also, I like 3M fiber wheels for removing rust or paint.  I don't know
>     their exact trade name, but they are basically a very heavy scotch
>     brite type material with abrasives embedded in the fibers.  This is

   Bodymen affectionately refer to these as 'hamburgers'.  They
   now sell the arbor seperate from the wheels, which lowers the
   price somewhat.

>     These wheels are much more aggressive than wire brushes.
>     (I have no interest in 3M, in fact I would think they could take a
>     lower mark-up on these wheels.)

   These are great for stripping paint and do not leave a pitted
   surface like a wire wheel does.  Wear safety glasses, as the
   abrasive bits tend to fly everywhere.

  --Scott

   Scott Hower  --> howersl@ttown.apci.com
   Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.