Re[2]: Paint

To: Elan26@aol.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net, jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Subject: Re[2]: Paint
From: "Steve Manwell" <Steve_Manwell@WE-KNOW-ENERGY.XENERGY.COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 96 14:10:53 EST
     I was under the impression (mistaken?) that Rustoleum *spray cans* of
     "Rusty Metal Primer" do not contain fish oil, while the (brushable)
     primer in the tins does, or did, contain fish oil.  Can anyone
     confirm?

     Also, I like 3M fiber wheels for removing rust or paint.  I don't know
     their exact trade name, but they are basically a very heavy scotch
     brite type material with abrasives embedded in the fibers.  This is
     mounted on a drill arbor.  Cost = about $6 or $7 ea. at hardware
     stores.  These wheels are much more aggressive than wire brushes.
     (I have no interest in 3M, in fact I would think they could take a
     lower mark-up on these wheels.)

     Steve Manwell
     smanwell@xenergy.com