[oletrucks] What is Medium Duty?

To: "Truck List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] What is Medium Duty?
From: "Justin C. Earl" <porkchopzz4@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 08:32:33 -0500
I just saw a reference on American Classic to "medium duty" being 1 1/2 to 2
1/2 ton.  The VIN decoder lists my truck as "medium duty" with a GVW 7000.
(although my truck has the 8,800 door plate, but only because of the dual
rear axle).

So what is medium duty?  At 7,000 GVW, what "ton" truck is this?  This is
sort of important since I can't really order parts until I get this settled.
=)

Oh, and to add to the confusion, I have 8 lug rear dual wheels, which
another member stated was either 3/4 or 1 ton.

Thanks for the help!

-Justin Earl