Re: [Nobbc] British car dealerships in the area

To: North Bay British Car Club <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] British car dealerships in the area
From: Sarto Rocheleau <sarto477@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 11:06:19 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all, I'll add a little history on my part of the dealer thing.  After
returning from the VN conflict in 67 and seeing, in Hong Kong, a Honda 600 and
that stirred my interest in sport cars. Back in the USA, I decided on a Triumph
Spitfire and Vesper did not have any in stock and I purchased my 66 spitfire
from a dealer in Oakland and "Block" ring a bell and I'll have to look up the
receipt to confirm who it actually was.  I then had my wheel bearings replaced
at Vesper way too many times.  Sold it in 1972 through Vesper and they were
still in business then.
For the music long hairs, etc. I was the road manager for Steppenwolf and for
short time, 3 Dog Night, down in Beverly Hills.  And was involved in producing
390 concerts throughout the USA and Canada, out of Santa Rosa and later Oregon.
 Most all groups you can think of from 1968 thru 1972 we produced.  Too many to
list. Talk about jogging memories!!!--- of sport cars and music, WOW!  Seeing
"Easy Rider" before they picked Steppenwolf's music.  I have not thought about
this for many many years.
8 years ago, trying to catch the thrills of my original 66 spit I restored a 70
spit and added a 5 speed and leather Miata seats and much much more only to
sell it for my 1966 Lotus Elan coupe.  Lets keep the nostalgia going.

Sarto