Re: The 30 degree Correct Windscreen angle

To: nogera@juno.com
Subject: Re: The 30 degree Correct Windscreen angle
From: harris_simmons@juno.com (Charles A Harris)
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 15:31:08 -0500
John and Bob,
I guess that you would like to keep this short and not be as verbose as I
have a tendency to be when anything that might involve Matilda comes to
mind.  The windscreen angle is 30 degrees, but has a tendency to change
with time due to wear (primarily due to wind resistance while blasting
out of trouble).  Like bumpers, tops and speedometers there is an
argument to be made that windshields are an effeminate affectation which
are really not needed but are an add-on from the works to satisfy some
governmental regulation just as heaters and defrosters have been stuck
on..Just as Bob hates to ever give an answer so do I since I know some
one will be upset if they measure theirs and they will want to redo the
scuttle because they have 29 degrees 17 minutes 29 seconds.  As the car
is handmade how about somewhere twix 28 and 32 degrees or if your side
screens (also an effeminate affectation unless you are over 60) will fit
without rattling more than is necessary.
Harris
Matilda's companion