Re: The 30 degree Correct Windscreen angle

To: "Charles A Harris" <harris_simmons@juno.com>, <nogera@juno.com>
Subject: Re: The 30 degree Correct Windscreen angle
From: "Vern Dale-Johnson" <vern_dj@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 20:57:23 -0400
Windscreen angle is an interesting (ie, you are affected) measure. How about
actual placement.  My screen apparently came from the factory with a
side-to-side angle differential.  Could this have been to allow the breeze
to slide off to the passenger's side and thus negate the need for a wind
deflector??  Mine was a good half inch different that came to light when I
was fitting Brooklands -- screen would fit in front of the Brooklands on the
drivers side (left hook car) and not the passenger's.  A bit of liquid metal
and a good round file fixed most of the problem.  alignment must wait until
(if ever) the scuttle surround is replaced.

Vern