RE: MGB V8 Conversion

To: "'Trichels'" <trichels@sbcglobal.net>, <mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: MGB V8 Conversion
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 11:55:34 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
I had a similar problem, and it drove me nuts until I got all the air out of
the cooling system.  I ended up installing a pressurized surge tank from an
E30 BMW into the cooling system.  The primary fitting tapped into the heater
fitting on the water pump and the bleed fitting I tapped a 1/8pipe nipple
into the thermostat housing.  Once I did that, the cooling system purges
itself and I haven't had a single overheating problem since.

James Nazarian
71 MGBGT V8
71 MGB Tourer
87 BMW 325es