8.8 inch Ford

To: <mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 8.8 inch Ford
From: "HMF" <longez8@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 09:19:50 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
I found the 8.8 inch Ford from several Mustangs happens to have almost the
same inner axle tube diameter as the OD of the MG tube. This made it easy to
cut and fit the outer tubes of the MG houusings into the Ford housing thus
making the difficult alignment a snap. All you have to do is get the pitch and
width correct of each MG tube. Mosier Ind. cut and resplined the Ford axles
for me at less than $100. for both. But I have been told by local stock car
people that you can have an axle company weld half an MG axle to the Ford
axle. Thus keeping the MG bearings.  I liked modifying the Ford axles so I
could keep them free floating as they apply extra pressure to the limited slip
cone in a turn.
Howard