Re: Fw: MGB V8 Conversion

To: <mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net>, "Trichels" <trichels@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: MGB V8 Conversion
From: match@ece.utah.edu
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:42:32 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
After much snippage:

On 28 Dec 2004 at 7:52, Trichels wrote:

>   After
> about ten minutes of initial run-in at 2000 RPM the temp crept up to 220 and
> probably would have gone up more if I hadn't shut it off.

I would bet that you are just not getting enough air flow through the radiator.
Add more
fans, either a larger mechanical or an electric or two. You might want to open
up the
area under the front bumper as well.

BTW, was the hood open or shut? The air coming into the engine compartment has
be able to get back out, altho' with RV8 headers this is much less of a problem
than for
those of us who run block-huggers.

And, you likely wouldn't see the temp increase if the car had been moving,
because the
movement tends to scavenge the hot air out of the engine compartment, as well
as
forcing more cool air in trhough the front.

Marvin