RE: Electric water pumps

To: sgreen@eurobell.net, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Electric water pumps
From: "" <james_nazarian@excite.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 20:44:56 -0500 (EST)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
 AFIK, they just put a pulley on your pump shaft and drive that with an
electric motor, also AFIK they are only intended for part time (drag race) use,
although given the reliability of electric motors these days I don't see why
you couldn't use it on a street car, but I don't think it would gain you
anything, as they are usually intended to be one more way to free up that last
couple of horsepower to try to get an edge in racing. What are you trying to
accomplish with one?James Nazarian71 B tourer71 BGTV8 85 Dodge Ram with bad gas
From: Simon Green [mailto: sgreen@eurobell.net]To: mgb-v8@autox.team.netDate:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:04:23 -0000Subject: Electric water pumpsHi Has any one got
or seen used a electric water pump (replacing the original).If so did it
work?Simon