Re: Electric water pumps

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electric water pumps
From: James Jewell <m1garand@directvinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 13:13:10 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I checked out the Davies Craig site, which was pretty neat, but then I
looked at the Jeg's catalog to do some comparison shopping.  Meziere
makes a remote in-line water pump (p/n 680-WP136S) that retails for
$176.  It moves up to 20 GPM and has a motor life of over 3000 hours.
 The Davies/Craig motor moves up to 22 GPM, but only has a motor life of
2000 hours (continuous).  The D/C one looks easier to mount and has the
temperature controller.  The Meziere looks like it needs to mount to a
solid surface and makes no mention of closed-loop temperature control.
 There are many other electric pumps in the Jeg's catalog but only the
Meziere will fit the B.O.P.R. (or any engine for that matter) and is
intended for road use.

Just another option. Y.M.M.V.
James J.