Re: Electric water pumps

To: sgreen@eurobell.net, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electric water pumps
From: CraigFaubel@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 23:46:49 EST
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I've seen these used successfully on 'street rods' in lots of shows.  I
talked to owners and then bought CSI unit for my SBF.  My B is a 'hobby' and
not a 'project', so it's still not on the road,  so this isn't first hand
experience.  It replaces the pump completely - no pulleys at all to the pump
- and draws little current and puts out way more water at idle than stock
pump does, so it's great cooling in our small engine compartments in traffic.
 The CSI is only 1/2 inch shorter so there's just a little more room up
front, but it allowed me to squeeze in my electric fan and shroud nice and
tight without worry about belt clearance.  Still need belt for alt, so still
need pulley on the balancer.   See CSI on web ... maybe check Google.