Re: Another wheel question, wheel spacers?

To: <Wake074@aol.com>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Another wheel question, wheel spacers?
From: "Michael Hartwig" <mhartwig@midsouth.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 09:31:16 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Wow, I was just reading 'Secrets of Solo Racing' by Henry Watts.  Here is a
paragraph he has about spacers.
"You may be allowed to run spacers, which sit between the wheel and the
flange on which the studs or bolt holes are mounted.  Use only the
full-circle, one-piece spacers.  Anything else may not offer a perfectly
flat surface.  If you use spacers, you also need to be sure that you lug
nuts have a good grip on the stud.  The area of contact between the stud and
the nut should be at least 1.5 times the diameter of the stud.  You may have
to mount longer studs to achieve this."

Guess it's time to bring out the tape measure.  I'll take a measurement on
my minilites and a 1/4" spacer to see if it would work.

Mike