Re: [Mg-t] TF Blinkers & Brake Lights

To: T series list <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] TF Blinkers & Brake Lights
From: Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 22:18:22 -0400
John,
I have a Signal Stat after market turn signal switch in my TD which has
worked flawlessly for the last 39 years and many, many miles.  It also
has a four way flasher, but does not self cancel.  Many times on left
turns I cancel it with my knee.  I put one of these in a friend's car a
couple of years ago when I rewired it for him and it also works well.  I
bought the second one on eBay.  At the same time I bought another one on
eBay, but it didn't have as many wires.  I think the model number is
900, but may be 901.  I'll check and see if I have that somewhere.  Back
in 1970 when I bought the first one, they were common at auto parts
stores, because many older cars did not come with turn signals.  Today,
you need to search on the internet, both for the units and
instructions.  In my opinion it is a cheap (probably less than $50) and
very workable solution.

On a related subject I installed parking lights (Lucas 1130?) for high
mounted brake and turn signal lights on my TD.  Inside of them I used
MR11 halogen spot lights which are quite bright.  If I do say so myself,
it is the best installation for this use that I've seen.  They look like
they belong and do the job.  They also provide a TD with rear reflectors
which makes it be seen when parked.  I've attached some pictures, which
will go to your email, but get stripped by the list.  Anyone else that
would like to see it, I can send direct to your email address.  I should
really write up the procedure to share.  This could get into more money,
but was easy for me since I had a couple of lights in my parts box.

Charlie

gunnellj@athenet.net wrote:
> Hello Again
>
>    I am dealing with a number of issues involving brake lights and
>directional signals on my MG TF.

> Archives at http://www.team.net/archive

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
mgcharlie.vcf]