Re: [Mg-t] TF Blinkers & Brake Lights

To: <gunnellj@athenet.net>, <Mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] TF Blinkers & Brake Lights
From: "Lawrence Karpman" <lkarpman@tx.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 23:50:52 -0500
John: The vacuum canceling on the turn signal unit has nothing to do with
the electrics. That's a mechanical function. I had similar problems a while
back, and as your brake lights are affected also, I'd test the large Lucas
relay (8 connectors) mounted behind your battery box on the inside firewall.
It could be sticking or mis-adjusted affecting both your brake lights, which
come off connector #5, and your flashers. Mine tested bad, so I replaced it.
Many have had success just adjusting the contacts though.

A comprehensive guide to testing the unit can be found here:

http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/et105.htm

Cheers

Larry