Re: [Mg-t] Solid State Fuel Pump

To: "Stuart C. Keen, Jr." <simbafish@comcast.net>, "MG" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Solid State Fuel Pump
From: "Gene Fodor" <crownwheel@surfglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 08:53:08 -0400
Listers ...
A few years ago, I was speaking with an engineer who was experiencing
similar problems.
He vapor lock fix, was to install 3 wooden spring loaded cloths pins at the
point where the fuel comes our of the pump, and at the location where the
fuel enters each bowl which creates a heat sink.
I have put the clothespins in the same place on Eliot ('53TD) and have not
experienced any difficulties in starting. Of course, being in VT may help,
but we do have 90+ OAT degree driving days.
As the old oriental proverb goes: "works good, last long time" (and is
cheep).
Cheers
Gene
'53 TD Unrestored.