Re: TF rear axle ratios/GPS/Cruising speed

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TF rear axle ratios/GPS/Cruising speed
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:29:37 -0500
Bob:

Back when I was participating in NEMGTR marathons we experienced very
high bore wear one year when using four ring pistons.  The engine needed
a 0.020" overbore in about 6,000 miles of high speed driving.  I
attribute the excessive wear to the use of the 4 ring pistons from a
major supplier which had two oil control rings.  The engine was sleeved
back to standard and three ring forged pistons used.  I've experience no
problems yet in the 40,000 miles since then.  That's probably due to the
better metallurgy in the sleeves and the use of the three ring pistons.

Blake