Re: TF rear axle ratios/GPS/Cruising speed

To: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Subject: Re: TF rear axle ratios/GPS/Cruising speed
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:45:36 -0400
Bob,

     With a 4.3 rear end, and a healthy engine,  I cruise very
comfortably at about 3800-4000 rpm.  This is in the vicinity of 65-68
mph with the 165-15 SP20's.  The engine is a bit peppier than standard
primarily due to having had Lawrie Alexander do his magic on the head
with TF valving, polished ports and a compression ratio of about 9:1.
The bores are also running .040" over pistons from Skip Kelsey.  I
experience no lagging problems on hills when traveling with other MG
folks.  The 4.3 conversion was something that I would certainly do
again.  No regrets whatsoever.

Bud Krueger
52TD  (53 engine)