Re: Joe Lucas, Prince of Darkness

To: bleckstein@mail.monmouth.com
Subject: Re: Joe Lucas, Prince of Darkness
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:13:35 EST
In a message dated 2/13/01 1:59:33 PM Pacific Standard Time,
bleckstein@mail.monmouth.com writes:

<< The NEMGTR once had a seminar with a Lucas rep. He stressed that the cause
 of 99% of failures (other than dumb previous owners) was ground.  Our cars
 must have good clean grounds. Age and the rust worm are the enemies. Clean
 those ground wire connections, and Lucas will not fail you. I wonder how
 many good starters have been replaced because of this problem. But I love
 the jokes anyway. >>

Hi Mike....This is the basic problem...poor grounds and they are the direct
responsibility of the vehicle manufacturers not Lucas.  For some reason they
thought that paint was a good ground....NOT!

Of course as Mr. Lucas said "Gentlemen do not motor after dark".....and here
in California these days, we think that maybe our whole power grid was
designed by Lucas!!  :-)

Cheers
Terry