Re: Joe Lucas, Prince of Darkness

To: ddubois@sinclair.net, Chuck <chull@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Joe Lucas, Prince of Darkness
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@mail.monmouth.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 16:58:38 -0500
At 12:06 PM 02/13/2001 -0800, Dave and Liz DuBois wrote:
>I am not offended by Lucas jokes, however in 25 years of experience with
>MGs I can say without a doubt, the only problem with Lucas electrics is
>Pervious Owners (the dumb kind).

.  After having gone through the electrics in all the MGs
>that I have owned, correcting the dumb things other people have done,
>but leaving all the original Lucas components in, I have never had a
>problem with the electrics.  I have even resorted to searching out new
>old stock Lucas brake light switches because the replacement switches
>being offered (Intermotor and Cutler Hammer), burn out in just a few
>weeks.
>
>Cheers (and lets hear it for warm beer),
>Dave

Dave

I agree,

The NEMGTR once had a seminar with a Lucas rep. He stressed that the cause
of 99% of failures (other than dumb previous owners) was ground.  Our cars
must have good clean grounds. Age and the rust worm are the enemies. Clean
those ground wire connections, and Lucas will not fail you. I wonder how
many good starters have been replaced because of this problem. But I love
the jokes anyway.

Mike