Re: Joe Lucas, Prince of Darkness

To: Chuck <chull@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Joe Lucas, Prince of Darkness
From: Dave and Liz DuBois <ddubois@sinclair.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 12:06:53 -0800
I am not offended by Lucas jokes, however in 25 years of experience with
MGs I can say without a doubt, the only problem with Lucas electrics is
Pervious Owners (the dumb kind).  If anybody is interested in the things
that I have seen, I have pictures that I took of the wiring in my
daughter's recently purchased MGB GT.  These pictures are guaranteed to
curl your hair.  After having gone through the electrics in all the MGs
that I have owned, correcting the dumb things other people have done,
but leaving all the original Lucas components in, I have never had a
problem with the electrics.  I have even resorted to searching out new
old stock Lucas brake light switches because the replacement switches
being offered (Intermotor and Cutler Hammer), burn out in just a few
weeks.

Cheers (and lets hear it for warm beer),
Dave