Re: A colour for a TF

To: <Roadrunner@Post.com>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A colour for a TF
From: "David Tinker" <david.tinker@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 23:12:56 -0000
Yes I hear what you are saying. A friend once told me that my TF will be
worth more to me than to anyone else so paint it any colour I would be happy
with. There is much truth in that statement but I am not a buyer or a seller
more an MG enthusiast wanting a nice car to enjoy driving.

As far as originality is concerned much has changed since the early 1950's
and a car of this era can be a danger ( to the occupants )  in modern
traffic conditions especially if you drive the car any distance. Non
original additions such as a remote servo brake system and uprated cam is
part of the invisible compromises one must make these days in order to keep
up with modern traffic conditions and one would have to dismantle the car to
find these changes. Yes should you be purchasing a car and find some
departurers from originality it would make one wonder what else had been
done but if you knew what you were looking for that is not difficult.

Much has been written lately about " The Worth of Restoration " and in the
end it is a very personal thing.

Kind regards
David Tinker