A colour for TD

To: MG T Digest <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: A colour for TD
From: Stuart Keen <simbafish@home.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 21:44:09 -0500
I have just read with great interest Roadrunner's code for the original
color of TFs. Is there a way of determining the original color of a TD?
I find no code and the official log book doesn't help. I know what
colors were available but not what was assigned to my TD. In case
someone out there has an idea, I am listing below ALL the serial data
from my 1951 MGTD MkII:

1) From brass nomenclature plates on the TD

Car No:    TD/C 10890   (Mk II)

           EXL/NA (Export, Left Hand Drive/North America)

Engine No: XPAG/TD2/LHX/10391

Body Type: 22381

Body No:   10229/77745

2) From Official MG Production Log Book

EXL 10890  10391  10 October 1951

If there are no codes, where do you find out the original color of your
TD? It's probably on the original title, but who knows where that is?

What is the meaning of the "LHX" in the engine number? I understand that
it was dropped on later engines, but no explanation can be found as to
it's meaning.

Stu Keen