Fwd: A colour for a TF

To: david.tinker@virgin.net
Subject: Fwd: A colour for a TF
From: Chuck Hull <chull@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 17:06:02 -0800

>  David Tinker said:
>
>I have a friend who has a TF painted in dark Jaguar blue with black trim and
>black weather equipment. Although it is a non standard colour it is
>absolutely superb and I am tempted to follow suit.
>
>The issues are Originality (and ultimate value ) versus  personal
>preferences.
>
>What do you think?

Isn't it easier to paint a light color then a dark color?  I had a Silver
Cloud painted silver over black, and the black took a lot more work then
the silver to get right.  When I had a Bentley painted, that I did not want
to spend a bunch of money on, the paint guy recommended white, telling me
that light colors are more forgiving of mistakes and less then perfect prep
work. I went with the white, and it looked great.

Since this will be my first self painted car, I am leaning toward a lighter
color (as much as I love high gloss black, I know that is a bit beyond my
capabilities at this time).

Chuck
1955 TF 1500