Is this a leak or not?

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Is this a leak or not?
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 23:39:43 EDT
The bottom of the jets on my TD's carbs are always wet with gas. The back one
is just wet. If you touch your finger to it, then smell your finger; it
smells like gas. The front one usually has a half drop of gas at the bottom
that never grows large enough to drip off. (I've left the pump on and watched
the carbs for quit a while and never observed an actual drip.) The carbs have
brand new cork jet seals. Is this amount of leakage normal?

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336