Re: Is this a leak or not?

To: "lbprince" <lbprince@email.msn.com>, <BobMGT@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Is this a leak or not?
From: "Larry Cogan" <woodrat@spacey.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 17:11:50 -0400
Hey Ben:  I think no one has yet answered your original question
directly.  In military aviation the terms seep and leak are quite
different.  A "leak" from any of the critical systems is a automatic
grounding condition, i.e. repair before next flight.  Leak is defined
as any measurable timed drip from a component.  A seep, on the other
hand, is of course as you described; no drip, only moistness.  This
condition is deferred till the next regularly scheduled maintenance of
the system.  You can imagine there is sometimes a difference of
opinion between the pilot and the maintenance chief on the use of the
two terms when the pilot makes out his post flight maintenance sheet!
In the way of mechanical things, drips never become seeps but seeps
almost always become.......   Regards, Larry
 of leaks is the jet head.  In some cases,

The back